You can always pause the music on the player to the right and you can also view pictures larger by clicking on them :-)

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

40 Weeks

The due date has finally arrived! I thought it would be so cool to have the baby on my due date - but that isn't to be. The day is half over and no sign of anything :-) We took a drive up the mountain today and got out and walked a little bit but it didn't spark much :-) Although I am still feeling good, sleeping good and have not developed the "pregnant waddle" yet - we are all ready for this baby to be born. We are all excited to see if we will be adding a boy or girl to our household!
My appointment went well this week. The baby is still growing (39 cm - yes I know my belly is HUGE!!), his/her heartbeat was 136 and my bp was good (102/66). I have dilated a tad more but not quite to 3 cm yet. The cervix has done what it needs to do (softened) and the baby has moved even further down the birth canal. Every little bit of progress is good for me because with all previous babies I have never had anything happen. I was induced because of lack of any sign of impending labor/delivery. So, I am encouraged that there is stuff happening at all :-)
Hopefully, there will not be a "41 Weeks" post and the next time I post about this pregnancy it will be with baby news! We would appreciate your prayers as we venture into the next stage of this pregnancy - labor and delivery!!

2 comments:

Greta said...

I am praying for you! I can't wait to hear what this little baby is-boy or girl! I was thinking, maybe he/she wants to wait to share their birthday with mom! :)

bekahe said...

I was thinking the same thing as Greta! Looking good:)