You can always pause the music on the player to the right and you can also view pictures larger by clicking on them :-)

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A visit from Grandpa

A couple weeks ago Brock's dad came from Wisconsin for a visit. We had so much fun with him. The kids were glued to his side - especially Isaac. It was cute!

One day we drove up one of the mountains to a reservoir and went kayaking. The forcast showed rain in the afternoon so we were determined to beat it.
We all took turns in the canoe and the kayaks. I was really bad at paddling the canoe (I was doing it "alone" with Madison and Isaac in the canoe with me) so I prefered the kayak :-) The weather wasn't too bad. There were times where it was pretty cool, but plenty of time where we took our jackets off.

Brock and I both in the canoe with Hannah and Isaac was much smoother sailing :-) He did most of the work and I relaxed.
I suppose none of my weaving back and forth had anything to do with the fact that I was taking pictures too . I am sure not :-)
Our little explorors had to check out the island :-)
We had such a fun day out on the lake and timed the weather perfect. We had a light rain on the way in but it was sunny enough that it wasn't cold. However, just as we were pulling out of the parking lot it poured and HAILED! The hail was marble size - Yikes that would have hurt! God planned our day perfectly :-)

5 comments:

changing ashes to beauty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
changing ashes to beauty said...

You mean our Boundary Waters trip didn't make you a professional canoe(er) :)?

Greta said...

Looks like a great trip! Nice of Brock's dad to make it up and see your new place and everything, too. p.s. thanks for teh blogs and websites you recommend on the side bar :)

Coriander said...

Great pictures! It looks like such fun

bekahe said...

Very cool pics!!