You can always pause the music on the player to the right and you can also view pictures larger by clicking on them :-)

Friday, October 30, 2009

Thankful

I wanted to share a few of my favorite quotes (from an awesome website called Of First Importance) and a few of my favorite (non kid) photos from this month.
(Our winter view)

“He came to free a people,
For ‘Jesus’ was His name;
To bear the sins of many,
The Lord of Love, He came.
He numbered with transgressors;
God’s judgment He withstood.
The splinters of the manger
Foretold a cross of wood.
He came for us, true Son of Man,
He came to pain and strife.
The Promised One, Emmanuel,
He came to bring us life!”
- Kevin Hartnett, He Came for Us
(from a bouquet of flowers Brock brought me this week)

“How amazing that God in Christ should do all this;
that the Most High, the Most Holy should be the All Loving too;
that the ineffable Majesty should stoop to take upon himself our flesh,
subject to hunger and cold, death and desperation.
We see him lying in the feedbox of a donkey, laboring in a carpenter’s shop,
dying a derelict under the sins of the world.
The gospel is not so much a miracle as a marvel,
and every line is suffused with wonder.”
—Roland Bainton, Here I Stand: A Life of Martin Luther

Just the two photos alone speak volumes of what a magnificent Creator we have. The beauty He surrounds us with is astounding. But that pales in comparison to what He did for us on the cross. These two quotes reminded me anew of what I have been given through Him. I love that Thanksgiving is right around the corner and I am humbled that He has given me so much to be thankful for.

No comments: